The St. Louis High Performance Building Initiative is regional project organized by the St. Louis Regional Chamber and the U.S. Green Building Council – Missouri Gateway Chapter (USGBC-MG) to increase the square footage of third-party verified green space in the St. Louis region.
Join the HPBI in our effort to reduce building energy use in the region by 25% by 2020 – Take the 25 x 20 Pledge to Benchmark your Building now!
The goals of this Initiative are to:
- Increase focus on greening existing buildings and building performance
- Increase square footage of third-party verified space in the St. Louis region by 50% by 2014.
- Increase professional development and training opportunities related to high performance buildings (especially for greening existing buildings)
- Increase the St. Louis region’s familiarity with Energy Star, LEED EB: Operations and Maintenance, Sustainable SITES, ASHRAE’s Building Energy Quotient, International Green Construction Code and other tools that measure building performance
- Increase healthy and sustainable buildings that improve occupant comfort, performance and safety.
- Engage the St. Louis region in increasing levels of green activities.
Nineteen local building stakeholder organizations are signatories to the goals of the St. Louis High Performance Building Initiative. They are:
• American Institute of Architects St. Louis
• American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, Air Conditioning Engineers – St. Louis Chapter
• American Society of Landscape Architects – St. Louis Chapter
• Associated General Contractors – St. Louis
• Building Commissioning Association – Central Chapter
• Building Owners and Managers Association – St. Louis
• Commercial Real Estate Women – St. Louis
• Electrical Connection
• Engineers Club of St. Louis
• International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 1
• Institute of Real Estate Management – St. Louis Chapter
• International Facility Management Association – St. Louis
• Laclede Gas Company
• Missouri Growth Association
• National Electrical Contractors Association – St. Louis Chapter
• St. Louis Council of Construction Consumers
• Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning National Association – St. Louis
• Sheet Metal Workers Local Union #36
- Ameren Middle
- AIA STL logo 200width2
- ASHRAE for web
- ST LOUIS ASLA LOGO for web
- AGC STL for web
- Building Commissioning small
- BOMA for web
- CREW for web
- IREM for web
- IFMA for web
- Laclede Gas-middle
- MO Growth Assoc for web
- STLConstruction Consumers for web
- GREEN Local 36 logo_web
These organizations have agreed to promote the St. Louis High Performance Building Initiative goal of increasing third-party verified green buildings to their members and to share professional development opportunities.
This website aims to be a resource for information on high performance buildings and tools to assist businesses, property managers and owners to improve their buildings.